Shaped Wire and Custom Profile Wire
Shaped Wire products are unique in that we can provide near net shapes and custom profiles that may or may not be symmetrical. Standard industry shaped wire for filtering and liquid solid separation, as well as, unique custom engineered profiles can be produced in a multitude of alloys including carbon steel, stainless steels, nickel alloys, titanium, and more.
Shaped wire is rolled from a round wire through a series of rolling and annealing operations. Larger cross sections may be die drawn to size. Custom profile wire from Gibbs offers the manufacturer a near-net product that requires fewer secondary processes by providing a preformed shape close to, or exactly to, the finished dimensional requirements.
Our custom shaped wire and profile wire capabilities are vast, along with our standard industry sizes for wedge wire and screen wire, used for filtering, walkways, and liquid/solid separation. The wedge and screen wire industry serves the chemical, pulp and paper, oil and gas, water filtration, hatchery filtration, screen manufacturers, and architectural walkway industries. All shaped wire is available in continuous coil or cut to precision lengths.
Shaped Wire Features and Benefits
- Custom Rolled or Drawn Shapes Including Standard and Unique Cross Sections
- Burr Free Edges
- Near Net Shapes Offering Less Waste and Fewer Processes
- Continuous Coils With Few Welds
- Close Dimensional Tolerances
- Statistical process Control and Reporting
- Precision Cut Lengths Available
- Consistent Properties Throughout the Cross Section
- ISO Certified, SAE, AMS, ASTM, UNS, EN, and more
Shaped Wire Alloys
- Stainless Steels Shaped Wire: 301, 302,, 304/304L, 304V, 316/316L, 410, 416, 420, 17-7H, and more!
- Nickel Alloy Shaped Wire: Monel 400, Monel 405, Inconel 600, Inconel 625, and X-750
- Carbon Steel Shaped Wire: Music Wire, Galvanized Wire, HDMB, OTMB, Chrome Silicon, Chrome Vanadium, 1050, 1075, 1095, and more!
- Red Metals: Beryllium Copper, Phos Bronze and more!
Shaped Wire Size Range
- 0.005" x 0.187" Thickness
- 0.015" x 0.500" Width (size capability may vary based on print requirements)
Shaped Wire Packaging
- Large Reels Up To 1000 Lbs.
- Coil I.D.'s From 12" to 24"
- Spools and Coils as Small as 5#
Shaped Wire Applications and End Uses
- Damper Spring Wire
- Blender Blade, Mixer Blades
- Pocket Tools and Knives
- Wedge Wire and Screen Wire in Shape Designations 30V, 45V, 63V, 90V, 125V, 156V, 190V (Vee Wire) 70U, 90U, 125U, 156U, 170U, 1/8 Tri, 3/16 Tri, Support Rods, Custom Rolled Screen Wire Sizes per Print
- Cotter Pins
Please fill out information below and click "Submit"