Coil Edging & Skiving Capabilities
Specializing in a variety of special edge types, Gibbs Interwire is proud to also offer “built to print” custom edge services. Working with your unique CAD file or blueprint, we’ll custom manufacture a special edge type to meet your precise requirements-and we’ll even custom manufacture the die we need to make it!
We are happy to work with a wide range of materials, including stainless steels, nickel alloys, and carbon steels. We can guarantee width tolerances of +/-.003″, and with operations approval, down to +/- .001″. In addition to our fully custom edges, we also produce #1, 3, and 5 square.
Coil Edge Capabilities:
- 0.040″ (1.016mm) minimum edge width
- 0.004″ (.1016mm) minimum coil thickness
- Tolerances as tight as +/-.001″ (standard is .003″)
- #1 Round Edge
- #3 Slit Edge
- #5 Square Edge
- Special Shaped Edge Per Print
Benefits of Skived and Special Coil Edges:
- Edging may improve Spring Life Cycle and Part Functionality
- Safety Edge
- Improved Look and Cosmetic Appearance
- Toll Edging Available