To the Valued Customers of Gibbs and Interwire,
We are very pleased to announce that Combined Metals, through its subsidiary Gibbs Wire & Steel Company LLC, (Gibbs Interwire) has purchased the assets of Inter-Wire Products, Inc. (Interwire). This purchase unites two preeminent metal service centers in North America.
Our goal in this combination is to be your strategic partner for all your wire and strip purchases. Some of the benefits to you of this combination include:
- Our outstanding mills sources. This combination will allow access to all the mill suppliers previously represented by one or the other.
- A greater choice of mills within existing product offerings. In many cases, we will be able to offer multiple mill sources for each product line.
- Expanded product offerings. The combination unites the different product strengths of Gibbs and Interwire.
- Expanded resources for product development and support. Gibbs became part of Combined Metals in 2019. They also own the highly regarded Elgiloy. In addition, they provide us access to three precision cold rolling mills, bright annealing, tension leveling, wire drawing, polishing, cut to length sheet, and metallurgical support.
- Outstanding customer service. Gibbs and Interwire have cultures focused on customer service and creating Raving Fans. The combination will allow us to efficiently add new support systems to take our service to an even higher level. For example, we will be enhancing our digital and online presence.
We are very excited by this combination. We will be working closely with you to answer any questions. For example, we want to assure all Interwire customers that we will fulfill all open purchase orders and will continue to service all your future wire needs.
We thank you for your support these many years. Our goal is to make it very easy for you to continue to support our combined entity.
Debbie Cardile, Senior Advisor Bill Torres, President