General Laborer – South Bend
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our wire department. In this position you would work with a team to pull and ship wire of various sizes. Many order require splitting coils to smaller sizes. Occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs. Must be a team player.
Gibbs Interwire Metals provides employees with outstanding benefits and generous bonus programs, including two (2) medical insurance plan options, company paid short-term disability and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and a retirement plan that is funded by the company with an additional option for employee contributions. The company has also been awarding employees with holiday bonuses, quarterly bonuses and year-end bonuses. Bonuses are awarded at the discretion of the company and are based upon company performance and profitability.
1st shift Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:00 p.m.
- High energy.
- Forklift experience a plus but not required.
- Reviews and follows shipping order instructions and specifications.
- Gibbs Interwire Metals promotes a safety first culture. Employees are required to practice safe work habits and follow safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Steel toe shoes, protective gloves and safety glasses are required.
- May be forklift certified.
- Practices good housekeeping including a clutter-free work area and general cleaning.
- Ensures lock-out tag-out procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Work from written specifications and verbal instructions
- Maintains a good attendance record
- Generally willing to work overtime
- Ability to work effectively with all other employees
- Must have good communication skills
- Be open to learn about lean manufacturing
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive attitude
- The capacity and desire to learn
- The ability to pass both a pre employment background and drug screening
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Education and/or experience – High School degree or equivalent. Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Language – Must be able to take direction and communicate in Basic English as well as read and understand written documents.
- Math – Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals.
- Understanding and use of basic measuring instruments required; micrometers, digital calipers, tape measure is required.
N = Never
O = Occasional 1-33% of time
F = Frequent 34-66% of time
C = Constant 67-100% of time
|10 or less||X||BEND||X|
|REACH ABOVE SHOULDER||X|
|Push/Pull (pounds)||REACH OUTWARD||X|
|12 or less||X||HANDLING, MANIPULATE W/FINGERS||X|