Material and Production Planner – Southington, CT
Gibbs Interwire® Metals is looking for an experienced, personable, and energetic Production Planner for our Southington, CT facility. This position is responsible for the allocation of material and equipment utilization and scheduling for our production department.
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Select best fit raw material for slitting operations
- Schedule work load on appropriate pieces of equipment
- Release orders to the factory floor
- Review daily orders for accuracy and prepare needed reports for order invoicing
- Manage daily production meetings with Shop Foreman and Lead Operators
- Handle expedite requests from inside sales
- Process manufacturing change orders from sales
- Gibbs Interwire Metals promotes a safety first culture. Employees are required to practice safe work habits and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees;
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to manage time effectively;
- Must have top-notch communication skills (verbal & written), and the ability to work with demanding customers while keeping a positive and upbeat attitude;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must be dependable, punctual, and a team player;
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Education and/or experience – Bachelors or Associates Degree in Manufacturing/Materials/Business or related field or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in lieu of a college degree;
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a strong plus;
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, is required;
- Self- starter with strong initiative; able to work effectively with minimal supervision;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
Compensation & Benefits
Gibbs Interwire Metals provides employees with outstanding benefits including two (2) medical insurance plan options, company paid short-term disability and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and a retirement plan that is fully funded by the company. The company has also been awarding employees with holiday bonuses, quarterly bonuses and year-end bonuses. Bonuses are awarded at the discretion of the company and are based upon company performance and profitability.