Production Support – South Bend, Indiana
We are looking for a detail oriented and energetic individual. This position helps in our wire department and supports our production fulfillment cells. Fork lift experience preferred, but not required. Must be a team player.
Gibbs Interwire Metals provides employees with outstanding benefits and generous bonus programs, including two (2) medical insurance plan options, company paid short-term disability and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and a retirement plan that is fully funded by the company.
The company has also been awarding employees with holiday bonuses, quarterly bonuses and year-end bonuses. Bonuses are awarded at the discretion of the company and are based upon company performance and profitability.
Hours (1st shift available)
1st shift – Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 pm.
Occasional overtime may be required.
- Loading wire coils on processing bench. (minimum of 50lb lifting ability, some heavy lifting required, up to 80#).
- Removing and discarding excess packaging/wrapping from coil before placing in slitter rack, keeping areas clean at all times.
- Prepare packaging materials needed for order, and package, wrap, band coils/spools as needed.
- Move material to and from processing bench.
- Performing weekly shop supply inventory check (ref att. list) and forwarding results to shop foreman.
- Uphold 5S requirements of shop.
- Operate all material handling equipment in a safe manner (forklifts, stacker, pallet jacks, banders etc.).
Gibbs Interwire Metals promotes a safety first culture. Employees are required to practice safe work habits and follow safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).Steel toe shoes, protective gloves and safety glasses are required.May be forklift certified.Practices good housekeeping including a clutter-free work area and general cleaning.Ensures lock-out tag-out procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Work from written specifications and verbal instructions
- Maintains a good attendance record
- Generally willing to work overtime
- Ability to work effectively with all other employees.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Be open to learn about lean manufacturing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A positive attitude.
- The capacity and desire to learn. The ability to pass both a pre employment background and drug screening.
- Education and/or experience – High School degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment preferred.Language – Must be able to take direction and communicate in Basic English as well as read and understand written documents.
- Math – Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals.