Shaped Wire and Custom Profile Wire
Shaped Wire products are unique in that we can provide near net shapes and custom profiles that may or may not be symmetrical. Standard industry shaped wire for filtering and liquid solid separation, as well as, unique custom engineered profiles can be produced in a multitude of alloys including carbon steel, stainless steels, nickel alloys, titanium, and more.
Shaped wire is die drawn or rolled from a round wire through a series of drawing, rolling and annealing operations. Larger cross sections may be die drawn to size. Custom profile wire from Gibbs Interwire offers the manufacturer a near-net product that requires fewer secondary processes by providing a preformed shape close to, or exactly to, the finished dimensional requirements. Often, a shaped wire section can save significant cost if you were to machine shape from bar.
Our custom shaped wire and profile wire capabilities are vast, along with our standard industry sizes for wedge wire and screen wire, used for filtering, walkways, and liquid/solid separation. The wedge and screen wire industry serves the chemical, pulp and paper, oil and gas, water filtration, hatchery filtration, screen manufacturers, and architectural walkway industries. All shaped wire is available in continuous coil or cut to precision lengths.
Shaped Wire Features and Benefits
- Custom Rolled or Drawn Shapes Including Standard and Unique Cross Sections
- Burr Free Edges
- Near Net Shapes Offering Less Waste and Fewer Processes
- Continuous Coils
- Close Dimensional Tolerances
- Statistical process Control and Reporting
- Precision Cut Lengths Available
- Consistent Properties Throughout the Cross Section
- ISO Certified, SAE, AMS, ASTM, UNS, EN, and more!
Shaped Wire Alloys
- Stainless Steels Shaped Wire: 301, 302,, 304/304L, 304V, 316/316L, 410, 416, 420, 17-7H, and more!
- Nickel Alloy Shaped Wire: Monel 400, Monel 405, Inconel 600, Inconel 625, and X-750
- Carbon Steel Shaped Wire: Music Wire, Galvanized Wire, HDMB, OTMB, Chrome Silicon, Chrome Vanadium, C1006 low Carbon to C1080 high carbon and more!
- Red Metals: Beryllium Copper, Phos Bronze and more!
Shaped Wire Size Range
- 0.005″ x 0.475″ Thickness
- 0.015″ x 2.000″ Width (size capability may vary based on alloy, grade of steel and on print requirements)
Shaped Wire Packaging
- Coil weights from 5 lbs. to 5,500 lbs.
- Coil I.D’s from 12″ to 66″
- Spools Small as 5 lbs.
- Reels Up To 1000 lbs.
Shaped Wire Applications and End Uses
- Damper Spring Wire
- Blender Blade, Mixer Blades
- Pocket Tools and Knives
- Wedge Wire and Screen Wire in Shape Designations 30V, 45V, 63V, 90V, 125V, 156V, 190V (Vee Wire) 70U, 90U, 125U, 156U, 170U, 1/8 Tri, 3/16 Tri, Support Rods, Custom Rolled Screen Wire Sizes per Print
- Cotter Pins
- Automotive applications
Ask the Shaped Wire Expert
Have questions about our Shaped Wire products? Contact our in-house expert today.
Please fill out information below and click “Submit Quote Request”