Flat Wire is available in stainless steels, specialty metals, and carbon steel, in small to truckload quantities. Our flat wire is available in the traditional natural round edge or square edge. We also have the capability of providing broken corner and controlled radius edges when required. Flat wire is generally defined as a thickness to width ratio of less than 5:1.
Flat wire products start as round wire and are rolled or die drawn to size by custom processes through a series of operations engineered for your specific requirements. Our flat wire is offered for those applications where strip is not the best option due to edge and other physical or mechanical property requirements. Our ability to provide flat wire to tight tolerances, burr free, few or no welds, continuous coil or precision cut lengths provides the manufacturer with longer runs and less secondary operations.
Flat Wire Features and Benefits
- Narrow Widths With Controlled Camber
- Burr Free Edges
- ISO Certified, SAE, AMS, ASTM, UNS, EN, and more
- Continuous Coil With Fewer Welds Than Traditional Strip Coil
- Also Available In Precision Cut Lengths
- Close Dimensional Tolerances and Consistent Properties
- Custom Edges: Natural Round, Full Round, Broken Corner, Square, and Controlled Radius
Flat Wire Alloys
- Stainless Steel Flat Wire: 301, 302, 304/304L, 304V, 316L, 410, 416, 420, 17-7PH, and more!
- Nickel Alloy Flat Wire: Monel 400, Monel 405, Inconel 600, Inconel 625, X750, and more!
- Carbon Steel Flat Wire: Music Wire, Galvanized Wire, HDMB, OTMB, Chrome Silicon, Chrome Vanadium, 1050, 1075, 1095, and more!
- Red Metals including Beryllium Copper and Phos Bronze
Flat Wire Size Range
- 0.005″ x 0.187″ thickness range
- 0.015″ x 0.500″ width range
Flat Wire Packaging Options
- Large Reels Up To 1000 lbs.
- Coil I.D’s from 12″ to 24″
- Spools and Coils as Small as 5#
Flat Wire Applications & End Uses
- Regulator Springs
- Industrial Springs
- Car Seat Border Springs
- Conveyor Belt Fasteners
- Key Rings
- Saw Blade Wire
- Window Mechanisms
Please fill out information below and click “Submit Quote Request”